INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATION PROGRAM (ILEP)
The International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, and is implemented by IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board), a Washington, DC based non-profit organization.
ILEP will consist of a semester-long academic program at a U.S. university, including coursework and intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, teaching strategies for their home environment, teacher leadership, as well as the use of computers for internet, word processing and as tools for teaching.
The semester-long program, which will commence in January 2012 and conclude in May 2012, will also include an internship at a secondary school to engage participants actively with the American teachers and students.
The Fellowship provides:
- A pre-departure orientation held in Indonesia
- Round-trip airfare to and within the U.S.
- A Welcome Orientation in Washington, DC
- Academic program fees
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows)
- Accident and sickness insurance
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the university academic program
- A laptop computer
- book/professional development allowance
- A Closing Seminar in Washington, DC
- excess bagage/shipping allowance
- The opportunity to apply for collaborrative grants with U.S. colleagues
Eligible applicants must:
- Be secondary-level, full-time teachers in disciplines including: English as a Foreign Language, Social Studies, Civics, Mathematics or Sciences.
- 5 years or more of teaching experience
- Be citizen of Indonesia
- Be proficient in written and spoken English with a minimum institutional TOEFL score of 500 or higher or IELTS 5.0
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms. Forms are available either by mail at email@example.com or in person at the AMINEF Office at CIMB NIAGA Plaza, 3rd Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25, Jakarta 12920. Shall you decide to send your application by mail, please send them to the following address: AMINEF, PO BOX 2939, JKP 10029.
Applicant must submit the original application and four complete copies (for a total of five (5) copies). Each copy of the application should be submitted in the following order:
2. Curriculum Vitae (see sample format in the download form)
3. Statement of Purpose
4. Completed recommendation form and letter as well as completed institution support form, and
5. A copy of your ID card (KTP or passport)
Note: Each complete application should look identical and be stapled. No other form of binding is permitted.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept email applications. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
the deadline to submit the complete application and the required documents 15 April 2011.
Note: Program requirements are subject to change without notice.
The form can be downloaded here:
To download form click here