Vacancies: HR Supervisor (Training and Recruitment)
- Position No.: 8694
- Designation and Classification: LES / BB3
- Local Designation: HR Supervisor (Training and Recruitment)
- Department: DFAT
- Section: Human Resources
- Branch: Australian Embassy, Jakarta
- Continuing, Fixed Term or Part Time: Continuing
- Immediate Supervisor: Human Resources Manager (BB4)
- No. of subordinates: TBC
A. Summary of Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide day-to-day administrative services in the HR section in accordance with appropriate HRMS guidelines and procedures;
- 2. Provide assistance in the general provision of policy advice related to LES Condition of Services;
- 3. Arrange and administer LES recruitment process and appropriate training program, and arrange language training program and examination for DFAT A-Based officers and their spouses.
B. Specific Area of Responsibilities:
1. Perform recruitment process and selection process in accordance with DFAT recruitment guidelines and procedure, which covers:
- Vacancy announcement, i.e. job advertisement, duty statement and selection criteria;
- Preliminary selection and compiling applications;
- Assist clients in setting up interview panel;
- Assist clients in preparing selection test and interview questions;
- Assist clients during interview process, i.e. reserve room for interview, advice front gate guards and receptionist on the candidates arrival, etc.;
- Prepare and send offering letter;
- Compile new hire documents and submit to PA for LES;
- Prepare and send advice to unsuccessful candidates.
2. Induction Training
- Prepare arrival package for new employee;
- Organise and arrange schedule of induction course.
3. Arrange appropriate training programs to meet the Embassy employees’ requirement to ensure that employees’ development goals are attained;
4. Supervise the day-to-day operations of the following HR functions:
- Team management;
- Training and staff development.
5. Maintain records of training undertaken by employees and update it into employee database;
6. Monitor training expenditure and prepare training forecast;
7. Work together HR Manager in preparing training budget;
8. Arranged Language Training for DFAT A-based officers and their spouses, which includes:
- Liaise with language institutions to prepare training enrolment;
- Arrange accommodation and return airlines ticket to post for language training students and their spouses;
- Arrange arrival briefing meetings for language training students and their spouses, i.e. Consular for passport and ID card issue, Finance for opening bank account, Property for housing issues, IT for mobile phone, etc.;
- Liaise with Language Student Unit in Canberra to prepare language examination kit;
- Acting as examination tester to perform the language test, when required.
9. HR related returns
- Prepare EOM reports;
- Other reports related to HR work unit operation as required
10. Involve and assist with preparing and advice related to HR activities and services, including but not limited to the maintenance of a range of HR files, receiving and forwarding information, preparing and distributing a range of HR related documents;
11. Other duties as directed.
- Duty representing highest function: A. (1), (2) and (3)
- Secretarial Diploma (D3) in Administration or related subject;
- Computer Literate;
- Fluent English;
- 1- 2 years previous experience work with team in secretarial function, general administration or customer service with reputable organization.
- Capacity to undertake administrative duties and to quickly acquire necessary knowledge of the procedures, policy and guidelines relating to DFAT training and recuitment requirements;
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to HR staff;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines; good organisational ability with sound interpersonal skills;
- Good PC-based word-processing and data-processing skills, including the ability to prepare accurate reports and research issues. Must be proficient in the MS office suite of software;
- A high level of written and oral English and Bahasa Indonesia skills is required;
- Ability to co-operate and communicate effectively as part of a team.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
- Outline your skills and abilities that relate to the criterion you are addressing.
- Do not simply address the criterion by saying that you possess the required skills but highlight your skills, experiences and achievements. Describe how you utilise these skills and provide examples.
- Think broadly and diversely when addressing the criterion. For example: if the criterion relates to an employer seeking a person with good communication skills, think about the different forms of communication (in person, in writing, over the telephone and communicating with persons from different ethnic backgrounds/cultures, language barriers, non verbal communication skills etc).
- Make sure that your response is clear, succinct and concise. Remember, there is no need to impress by providing an overly complicated response that the employer is will have trouble interpreting.
- Use positive action words.
- Ensure that your response to each criterion is no longer than half a page.
- Run a spell check on your computer before anyone sees your application.
- Do a grammar review.
Applications are invited for the above positions in the Human Resources section of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. The position is a full time position with an immediate commencement date required.
The duties of the position and selection criteria are listed below. The successful applicant will meet the selection criteria as detailed in the attached. Applicants should ensure their application includes comments on how they meet each of the selection criteria and should be no longer that three (3) typed A4 pages. Applicants should also include a copy of their curriculum vitae (resume), and details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
A monthly salary of IDR.7,741,208 will be offered to the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications, relevant experience and demonstrated skill.
Applications should be directed to Ms Gaby Kusniadi, Training and Recruitment Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: HR Supervisor (Training and Recruitment) before close of business 16.00 hours on Monday, 2 May 2011. Please note that no phone call inquiries will be taken and only short-listed applicants will be notified.