PETRONAS was incorporated on 17 August 1974 as the national oil company of Malaysia, vested with the entire ownership and control of the petroleum resources in the country. It has since grown from merely being the manager and regulator of Malaysia’s upstream sector into a fully integrated oil and gas corporation, ranked among the FORTUNE Global 500® largest corporations in the world.
Under the Production Sharing Contract term with BPMIGAS and doing an aggressive Exploration Project in West Glagah Kambuna Blocks.
We are now looking for qualified candidates to fill our vacant position:
Senior Drilling Supervisors (Sumatera Utara)
- Represent PCWGKL as company representative.
- Supervise the drilling operations (together with the Night Drilling Supervisor) on the drilling rig to ensure operations integrity.
- Ensure the implementation of the drilling activities is as per the approved drilling program.
- Ensure proper planning of operations for call-out of equipment and personnel.
- Prepare daily drilling reports for submission to in Jakarta office.
- Review and initial on behalf of PCWGKL the service tickets for work/services provided by the Services Company.
- Keep track of PCWGKL equipment on board the rigs.
- Provide daily estimated well costs for the drilling operation.
- Participate in safety and coordination meetings and, support the drilling rig contractor’s safety program.
- Review and check casing tally, mud program, cementing calculations/recipe, bit program and other related programs.
- Discuss with PCWGKL Drilling Superintendent for feedback and improvement to operations.
- Prepare and review equipment failure and incident reports.
- Senior Drilling Supervisor shall perform any other supervisory/engineering works according to PCWGKL’s instructions.
- Provide recommendations and work with the drilling rig contractor and third party service contractors to improve the drilling operations.
- Have the following experience:
- Offshore drilling in South East Asia, preferably in Indonesia.
- Jack-up drilling, testing and completion operations.
- Drilling of vertical, deviated exploration and development wells.
Minimum Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years in supervising offshore drilling operations with a minimum 5 years as a Senior Drilling Supervisor.
- Have valid IWCF or equivalent well control certificates;
- Have a valid MIGAS Drilling Certificate;
- Have valid sea survival, BOSIET, HUET, medical and fire fighting certificates;
- Familiar with drilling software DIMS, Openwells or equivalent;
- Must be fluent in written and oral English.
Interested applications may send their comprehensive CV to:
With position title as the email subject
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
(Please keep attachment to less than 300kb)
Closing Date: 31-12-11