PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world.
Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sangatta-East Kalimantan for the positions of :
Superintendent – Coal Crushing and Handling (CHF) Projects (Code S-CHF)
- Identify and carry-out all tasks associated with projects completion meeting the targets set by CHF Development Manager.
- Manage and coordinate the process of design, specification, tendering, purchase, installation and commissioning of mechanical equipment for the New CHF and OLC Plant.
- Negotiate with main contractors to get good services within cost, quality and KPC standards and monitor the delivery of purchased items against specification.
- Manage and coordinate the process of scope of work preparation and establishment, tendering, contract administration, and implementation schedule of mechanical construction work packages.
- Monitor the implementation of mechanical construction work packages and control the process against time, cost, scope changes, quality and safety parameters agreed with contractors.
- Manage and monitor actual project cost against budget.
- Maintain safety standards within the section as defined by the requirements of the KPC SHE policy and actively lead and support the ongoing development of safety/environment awareness and training among all members of the Section.
- Coordinate and manage external consultants engaged in New CHF Project to get the best outcome in accordance to KPC’s business requirements.
- Source, engage and manage contracted engineer, external and internal consultant providing project function services to complement the Section Team Members during an increasing workload period.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Operation personnel of the Processing and Infrastructure Division the implementation of mechanical tasks affecting operating plant to ensure minimum interruption to production. Keep up-to-date with operation and maintenance issues relevant to project delivery and forward feedback to CHF Projects Manager.
- Manage complete project documentation to provide accurate and detailed project data.
- Possess a tertiary qualification degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in coal handling plant (crushing plant, washing plant, conveying equipment, coal terminal and port facilities) including involvement in wide variety of mechanical projects.
- Suitable balance between technical and managerial skills.
- Knowledge and experience in project management as well as mechanical installation techniques and standards.
- Excellent planning, organization, and scheduling techniques and processes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Financial skills and cost/budget management experience to handle the necessary costing and budget responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills including negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to liaise with a wide range of national and expatriate personnel.
- Knowledge and experience in contract administration and supply chain management to ensure economical utilization of budgeted funds during the acquisition of goods and services.
- Project management capability to deliver the project within the planned and agreed cost, quality, and time whilst meeting customer needs.
- Possess a thorough understanding of safety and environmental management systems and processes, risk analysis techniques and local government mining regulations.
- Familiarity in implementing the safety and environmental management systems.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present positions & remuneration and your latest color photograph) no later than 10 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address :
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal
PO Box 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position code in the email subject
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED