Vacancies: BB3 EID Project Support Officer base in Jakarta and Makassar
- Position No.: TBA
- Designation and Classification: LES / BB3
- Local Designation: EID Project Support Officer
- Department: DAFF
- Section: DAFF
- Branch: Australian Embassy, Jakarta
- Continuing, Fixed Term or Part Time: Fixed Term
- Immediate Supervisor: Principal Veterinary Advisor
- No. of subordinates: N/A
- Highest subordinates: N/A
- The Australia Indonesia Partnership for Emerging Infectious Diseases – Animal Health Program 2010-2014 (AIP-EID) is a government-to-government program that assists Indonesia strengthen its animal health systems and veterinary services.
- The prime objective is to support the rapid detection and control of emerging infectious diseases (EID), though improvements will more broadly applicable to the animal health system as a whole.
- The Australian Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF), through the Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer, will manage the AusAID-funded program.
Under the direction of the Principal Veterinary Advisor, the EID Project Support Officer will support the smooth functioning of the AIP-EID Animal Health program, including the following duties:
- 1. Assist with set-up of and provide support for the day-to-day operations of the AIP-EID program office in the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta;
- 2. Coordinate operational administration, logistics and operations of the AIP-EID program and provide support to the AIP-EID team for these operations, in line with DAFF/DFAT requirements;
- 3. Support and undertake ongoing stakeholder engagement for the Program, including liaison with partner counterpart government and other national and international organisations;
- 4. Provide interpretation and translation as required by the program;
- 5. Provide input into reporting in line with DAFF requirements;
- 6. Effectively liaise and collaborate with other DAFF EID program team members in Indonesia and Australia on all aspects of program implementation;
- 7. Conduct other duties as required.
Duty representing highest function : 1, 2 and 3.
- University graduate in administration, public service, rural development or a relevant subject.
- Technical knowledge of agriculture or animal health preferred
- Strong experience in administration and logistics matters for the implementation of development program, including previous experience with finance and procurement; experience with an International development program preferred
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds, good interpersonal and communication skills; and proven ability to work effectively within a small team
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardised practices;
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and a strong command of written and spoken English, experience in interpretation/translation preferred
- Good memo composition and editing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Supports strategic thinking and identifies broader factors, trends and influences that may impact on the team’s work objectives. Considers the ramifications of issues and longer-term impact of own work and work area;
- Achieves results and establishes clear plans and timeframes for project implementation. Responds in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty and shares information with others and assists them to adapt;
- Cultivates productive working relationships and builds and sustains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients. Proactively offers assistance for a mutually beneficial relationship and anticipates and is responsive to client and stakeholder needs and expectations;
- Displays personal drive and integrity and takes responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Shows initiative and ensures goals are achieved;
- Communicates with influence and can communicate effectively in Indonesian and English, both orally and in writing. Indonesian language and written skills must be of a high standard. Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner and focuses on key points and uses appropriate, unambiguous language. Selects the most appropriate medium to convey information;
- Demonstrates professional or technical proficiency and has a good knowledge of the Indonesian Government system;
- Strong administrative skills.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
- Outline your skills and abilities that relate to the criterion you are addressing.
- Do not simply address the criterion by saying that you possess the required skills but highlight your skills, experiences and achievements. Describe how you utilise these skills and provide examples.
- Think broadly and diversely when addressing the criterion. For example: if the criterion relates to an employer seeking a person with good communication skills, think about the different forms of communication (in person, in writing, over the telephone and communicating with persons from different ethnic backgrounds/cultures, language barriers, non verbal communication skills etc).
- Make sure that your response is clear, succinct and concise. Remember, there is no need to impress by providing an overly complicated response that the employer is will have trouble interpreting.
- Use positive action words.
- Ensure that your response to each criterion is no longer than half a page.
- Run a spell check on your computer before anyone sees your application.
- Do a grammar review.
Applications are invited for the above positions in the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. The position is a fixed term position for two years with possibility of extension and is available with an immediate commencement date required.
The duties of the position and selection criteria are listed below. The successful applicant will meet the selection criteria as detailed below. Applicants should ensure their application includes comments on how they meet each of the selection criteria and should be no longer that three (3) typed A4 pages. Applicants should also include a copy of their curriculum vitae (resume), and details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
A monthly salary of IDR.7,741,208 will be offered to the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications, relevant experience and demonstrated skill.
Applications should be directed to Ms Gaby Kusniadi, Training and Recruitment Officer at the following email address: email@example.com, with subject: EID Project Support Officer (Jakarta) or EID Project Support Officer (Makasar) before close of business 16.00 hours on Thursday, 5 May 2011. Please note that no phone call inquiries will be taken and only short- listed applicants will be notified.