GSPS USER TERMINAL ENGINEER
Inmarsat, the world’s leading Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) Operator (with Headquarters in London, UK) is looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic professional to join its subsidiary in Indonesia, PT ISAT.
This position will be located in Batam office, Sekupang and will report to the UT Chief Engineer – Batam. The type of employment is permanent.
Primary purpose of the position:
- Inmarsat Global Satellite Phone Services (GSPS) was launched in mid-2010 over the Inmarsat-4 satellites. It provides satellite phone services globally for voice, sms and data/fax communication. The User Terminal Engineering team has been fully involved in the development and the operations of the GSPS. At this time, the User Terminal Engineering team in Batam is working focussing on aspects of product life cycle management, product improvement, product enhancements, accessories and further evolution of the handset and services. The team is also responsible for technical aspects for new market access. This is includes national type approval and certification in countries around the world.
- The successful candidate will join the User Terminal Engineering Department in Batam. The department plays a key role in the delivery of new products and services described above. The engineer will participate in the development, verification, testing, system integration and operational aspects of any terminal development.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Identifying and resolving user terminal anomalies
- Participate in verification/approval testing to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Close collaboration with other individuals and groups within Inmarsat (in London and other locations) in the enhancement of existing products and services, and support of existing services.
- Defining test plans, test procedures and carry out testing on the GSPS network with all new type of terminals.
- Performing compatibility testing for accessories.
- Conduct field tests whenever required to validate the services or specific requirements.
Essential knowledge and skills :
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Data communications protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, PPP)
- Knowledge in Mobile communication (GSM, GPRS, LTE)
- Knowledge in Satellite communications systems
- Knowledge in software development and engineering techniques
- Experience in test equipment and verification of data communication systems
- Self-motivated, has strong initiative and able to work independently.
- Fosters efficient and harmonious long-term working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluently in English, both written and spoken
Desirable knowledge and skills :
- Knowledge of the Inmarsat GSPS system.
- Knowledge of modulation schemes (OQPSK, GMSK).
- Knowledge of hardware development.
- Knowledge of DSP implementation and architecture.
- Good knowledge of RF/IF measurements and testing methods.
- Experience to perform field tests
- Experience on developing automated test tools for supporting the project.
Sphere of influence of the position :
- The job needs to be integrated or co-ordinated with a wide range of other activities, within and external to Inmarsat, which may be quite diverse in nature. The job requires regular and sometimes extensive travel (both domestic and overseas) to manufacturer premises, as well as flexibility in working hours to regularly communicate with teams in other countries
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply please send your detailed resume by post mail or email by 18 March 2011 to:
Jalan Jaksa Agung R. Suprapto No. 1
Sekupang, Batam 29421
HR-Batam@inmarsat.com (email exceeds 200kb will be automatically rejected by our system)