UNDP Indonesia is committed to building future leaders. Therefore, our Internship Programme provides a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight into the work of UNDP. Every year a limited number of places for internships are available. Students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned in our office, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments. Our staff will guide student to get experience in specialized in various professional fields and enable student to expose themselves in international environment.
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to pprovide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student to learn some aspects of human resources particularly on implementation of recruitment process and HR information system.
- The intern will provide clerical and support to HR staff works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects? staff on? HR-related issues and information exchange.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Provision of HR services
- Assisting in the learning/ staff events
- Support to the HR information filing system and database
Duties and Responsibilities
- The intern will undertake the following tasks:
Implementation of recruitment processes including:
- drafting job description
- provision of input to job classification process in consultation with HR officer,
- drafting vacancy announcements
- screening of candidates
- administrative support for interview process
- collecting reference check
- updating e-recruitment file and maintenance of hardcopies documentation
- Provide admin support to HR associate in managing HR letters
- Provide logistical support for learning events and other staff events managed by HR
- Tracking data on registration personnel for learning management system
- Support to the HR associate in updating list of staff in HR database
- Support to the HR assistant in managing personnel files
- Effective Implementation of recruitment processes in line with prevailing rules and regulations
- Effective support in letter administration
- Effective logistical support for learning/ staff
- Updated registration of personnel for learning management system
- Effective support in updating list of staff and personnel files.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP? mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide basic procurement support services
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in business administration, or other related field. Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship.
- Knowledge of – or proven interest in the area of procurement, supply and logistic
- Proficiency in English . Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese or Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose? and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
- Financial Issues
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern’s participation in the Programme must be borne by : the student or the nominating institution as appropriate
Please visit and submit the application online through :