PT HM Sampoerna Tbk. is one of the leading tobacco companies in Indonesia, produces brands such as Dji Sam Soe, A Mild, and Sampoerna Hijau, and is an affiliate of Philip Morris International, one of the leading international tobacco company.
Due to the business growth, upcoming projects and other business objectives, we are looking for are talented people who possess a passionate and enterprising spirit to grow with us in forming the future of our business. Current opportunities include :
- Assist in the guidance of agricultural programs of HMS leaf suppliers (internal and external) in the assigned area of responsibility to ensure the availability of tobacco that meets HMS requirements and to promote the implementation of Good Agricultural Practices.
- Monitor and guide the execution of tobacco growing projects with HMS and third party suppliers in HMS’ Asia Pacific Region to implement new / improved production practices and to develop new origins.
- Assist in the guidance of HMS affiliates with contracted grower operations and HMS Leaf suppliers to ensure supply of tobacco that meets HMS’ leaf quality / integrity and cost requirements.
- Monitor and promote implementation of Good Agriculture Practices of internal and external leaf suppliers via the HMS GAP program.
- Assist to liaise with stakeholders for the efficient execution of tobacco growing programs with government participation.
- Participate in worldwide HMS Agricultural Programs activities to assure that direction (leaf quality / integrity and Good Agriculture Practices) is communicated to suppliers in a consistent and effective manner.
- Communicating effectively with HMS affiliates and third party leaf suppliers to assist in the effective planning, implementation and execution of programs and projects.
- Remaining current on the latest technologies and developments related to tobacco production and agriculture.
- Communicating effectively with the field office leaf group with a spirit of teamwork.
Skill & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree with major in Science / Agronomy or Agricultural Production
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in agriculture industry
- Good command in English both written and oral * Proficient in MS Office, statistical software, and imaging software
- Technical Competencies: sufficient knowledge on plantation, warehouse storing, and processing
For those who are interested and having the above required qualifications please send your comprehensive resume to :
not later than May 20th, 2010. Please put “Agronomist” in your application subjectAdvertisements