PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world.
Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sengata-East Kalimantan for the positions of :
Shift Coordinator – Quality Control (Code: SC-QC)
- Preferably mining engineer or geology (S1 degree ) with a minimum 2 years experience in mining operation (preferably in coal quality control or grade control)
- Excellent presentation, Coordination and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Prima Nirbhaya programme in KPC and its applicability to the mining environment.
- Good knowledge of training and development programmers available and the systems and processes to be used to nominate personnel for that training and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Oral & Written) in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Computer skills in MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint to maintain records, produce reports and presentation materials.
Key elements of the position include:
- Control, analyze and manage data of the quality of coal at the Crushers, Stockpiles, OLC, trucking, Transshipment Stockpiles, ROM and Crushers, Barge Loading, Transshipment Loading, on board of all vessels loading, to ensure consistent, accurate and valid data on the quality of coal.
- Monitor all shifts operational activities related with quality of coal such as coal mining, coal reclaiming, coal crushing, coal stockpiling, coal conveying, coal trucking, barging, ship loading, to conform with quality plans, provide advice on technical/quality concerns, and monitor progress against targets.
- Investigate any quality bias on plan versus actual at each stage of the production from mining to shipment in the shift and take immediate action to remedy problem to ensure that the quality targets are met.
- Make changes to the schedules of crusher, reclaiming, and conveying, stacking, trucking for Sangatta and Bengalon areas to ensure that all will produce coal to the planned quality specs.
- Liaise with the Senior-Specialist Production Plan, Mining Quality Controllers and ROM Controllers to ensure coal crusher’s schedule, coal blending of the currently loading vessel and the next vessels to load, coal stacking and coal reclaiming are within the agreed plan.
- Liaise Coal Preparation & Coal Terminal Operations, Coordinator Transshipment to confirm that coal reclaiming plan, coal blending plan, coal stacking plan and coal trucking plan are followed.
- Liaise regularly Independent Inspection Authority to correlate quality of the coal being conveyed to the ship and to ensure correct blending during the shift.
- Discuss work activities with the relinquishing Shift Coordinator, at changeover, to review progress against key priorities, highlight potential problem, as well as facilitate a smooth transition between the outgoing and incoming personnel.
- Assist CPP, TBCT, TBT, ROM, LTT, with stockpile management through ship loading and stacking during the shift.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present positions & remuneration and your latest color photograph) no later than 10 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal
PO Box 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or E-mail : email@example.com
Closing Date: 13-6-10
Please indicate the position code in the email subject
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED