PT Kurnia Tetap Mulia (Hotel JW Marriott Medan)
Where life just keeps getting better…..
At Marriott, you define what success means to you, and then we help make it happen.
With opportunities for building your skills, colleagues who share your enthusiasm, and a clear career path with challenging work that provides direction for growth and promotion.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to be challenged, supported, and applauded, this is where you belong.
Now you have an opportunity for:
2. GSA Front Desk
3. Banquet Operation Manager
4. Duty Manager
5. Dim Sum Chef
1. Engineer (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- To attended the M & E plant of the hotel in a continuous 24 hours basis divided into three ships.
- Monitoring and maintain of utilities consumption.
- Control all utilities equipment in plant as required, according to standard operation and take a recording as specified (Boiler, Chiller, Cold Storage, Hot Water Boiler, etc)
- To carry out maintenance work requested by other department.
- Maintained sufficient records of the plant operation in the log book, check sheet and reported on abnormal occurrences.
- Reported and recorded any change condition of all defect equipment for preventive maintenance.
- Change over running equipment as schedule.
- Monitor closely the control room to handling complaint and work request.
- Maintain and repairing malfunction equipment and work request during afternoon and night shift.
- Report immediately to DOE or ACE for any abnormal operation of the hotel/plant.
- Keep and maintaining stock of materials and supply.
- To Control and record of utilities consumption.
- To attend Engineering Control Room for handling complaint by phone, monitoring fire alarm by step, lift supervisory panels, BAS, etc.
2. GSA Front Desk (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- Serving guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following Marriott standards of aggressive hospitality and adhering to guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests’ personal checks and traveler’s checks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
3. Banquet Operation Manager (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- The BQT Manager is required to build and maintain a close professional relationship with the Events Department.
- The Banquet Managers reviews together with Event Department all forecasts on a monthly and weekly basis and attends the weekly Banquet meeting
- Work in close cooperation with the Conference and Events Office in order to exceed the guest’s expectations, plan and schedule the banquet operations set up time and style, F&B requirements, Audio visual requirements, manning, equipment needs, additional services and special requests.
- The Banquet Manager is responsible to develop the skills of all banquet employees to a professional level by ongoing and intensive skill training
- The Banquet Manager is responsible to manage and control casual labor and ensure the impact on the service delivery process is nil.
- To check that all employees’ report for work at the time specified, and are correctly attired in the Hotel uniform and are following the Hotels Grooming standards at all time, disciplining staff who fail to comply with this.
- To roster the staff as per the five day working week, based on a fortnightly roster while ensuring that there is sufficient staff at all times to execute all events within the department. Scheduling staff on overtime should the need arise, and requesting additional staff assistant from the F&B Department when required.
- To lead and direct all staff in a positive approach to the job, and motivate all personnel under his control, to ensure that all staff carry out their duties to the best of their ability.
4. Duty Manager (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk.
- Position directs and works with managers and associates to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process.
- Ensures guest and associate satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department
- Exceeding Customer Expectations – Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Demonstrating Leadership – Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Improving Service – Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Developing and Building Teams – Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors – Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervising Associates – Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates’ absence.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Managing Daily Operations of the Area or Department – Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates – Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Communicating Information Timely – Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others – Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Monitoring and Communicating Customer Recognition/Service – Implementing the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
5. Dim Sum Chef (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standard and procedures.
- Assist Executive Chinese Chef/Executive Sous Chef in all kitchen operations.
- Recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Maintain purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Calculate accurate, theoretical and weighted food costs.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personal daily.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Assist in maintaining associate cafeteria operation and food quality standards.
- Follow proper handling and service temperatures of all food products.
- Help the Executive Chinese Chef/Executive Sous Chef, research and test new food products in line with company initiatives.
- Having experience in similar position min two years in five stars hotel
- Graduated from reputable university or academy tourism
- Able to Speak English Oral and Written
- Candidate should have a strong and attractive personality, good manner, and sociable
- Energetic, self-motivated and excellent communication skill
- Good team player, reliable person, high responsibility and able to work independently
- Has the ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment and to work under pressure
- Able to develop good interpersonal relationship and strong persuasion
If you are interested and match this qualification, please send your application to:
email@example.com not later than March 25th ,2011
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for interview